Welcome to the Manitowoc County Recycling Center Website. The Recycling Center is also known as a Material Recovery Facility (MRF). Material recycling and waste reduction services are provided to the Citizens of Manitowoc County. Many commonly recycled materials are accepted on a year round basis and a variety of special collection and education programs are offered to better serve the community. The Basswood and Woodland Compost sites are operated through the MRF. We provide educational outreach to promote the important role that recycling and materials recovery has for now and the future. The MRF is operated through a contract with Ascend Services Inc., formerly Holiday House of Manitowoc, Inc.
Recycling Center Response to Covid-19 Emergency
The Manitowoc County Recycling Center is easing the previous restrictions that were enacted due to Covid-19. Starting May 26, 2020, the main office will accept scheduled customers for all normal services including electronics recycling, tire recycling, compost sales, and similar services. Customers will be limited to 1 person in the office at a time. Customers are strongly encouraged to wear a face covering when entering the main office.
To schedule your visit call 920-683-4333. The attendant will schedule the timeframe for your visit and determine if you need assistance unloading.
- Call 683-4333 to schedule your visit. If you do not schedule your visit, you may need to wait longer to enter the main office.
- Please do not visit the main office if you have a fever, cough, or shortness of breath.
- Please maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from all other persons. This may require you to wait outside due to the small size of our main office.
- Please use the hand sanitizer station at the entrance.
- Customers are strongly encouraged to wear a face covering when entering the main office.
- We will still accept walk-in visits during normal operating hours, but this may increase your waiting time.
- Please note that our peak times are typically Mon through Friday 11a-1p, and Thursday and Friday from 2p-4p.
These changes were made to protect the health of the Recycling Center staff and customers as we reopen our full range of services.
Please note: The self-serve drive-up residential recycling drop-off site at the Recycling Center and the yard materials drop off sites remain open. We encourage all residents to follow recommended social distancing when using these sites.
We still offer prepaid contact-less loading for our customers that prefer this service.
Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time.
To provide materials recycling and recovery services to the citizens of Manitowoc County and to keep the public informed about recycling issues.
Manitowoc County Materials Recycling Facility
3000 Basswood Road
PO Box 351
Manitowoc, WI 54220
Hours of Operation
Monday 7:00 - 4:00
Tuesday 7:00 - 4:00
Wednesday 7:00 - 4:00
Thursday 7:00 - 4:00
Friday 7:00 - 4:00
Saturday 8:00 - 12:00
The Recycling Depot is open on Saturdays all year, the Recycling Center Main Office is closed on Saturdays from November 1 through March 31.