Welcome to the Manitowoc County Recycling Center Website. The Recycling Center is also known as a Material Recovery Facility (MRF). Material recycling and waste reduction services are provided to the citizens of Manitowoc County. Many commonly recycled materials are accepted on a year round basis and a variety of special collection and education programs are offered to better serve the community. The Basswood and Woodland Compost sites are operated through the MRF. We provide educational outreach to promote the important role that recycling and materials recovery has for now and the future. The MRF is operated through a contract with Ascend Services Inc., formerly Holiday House of Manitowoc, Inc.
Recycling Center Response to Covid-19 Emergency
The Manitowoc County Recycling Center main office will accept customers for all normal services. Please follow these guidelines:
- Only 1 customer will be allowed in the office at a time. If someone is ahead of you, wait outside.
- Do not visit the main office if you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath, or other symptoms.
- Please maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from all persons.
- Hand sanitizer is available at the entrance.
- A face covering is no longer required to enter.
- Please note that our peak times are typically Mon through Friday 11a-1p, and Thursday and Friday from 2p-4p.
These changes were made to protect the health of the Recycling Center staff and customers as we reopen our full range of services.
To provide materials recycling and recovery services to the citizens of Manitowoc County and to keep the public informed about recycling issues.