Food and Recreational Facility Licensing

The Manitowoc County Health Department is an agent for the State of Wisconsin Department of Health Services. the Department of Safety and Professional Services, and the Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection and is responsible for licensing and inspecting over 500 establishments in Manitowoc County.

  • Swimming pools, whirlpools and therapy pools
  • Restaurants - limited, full service, mobile, caterers, and temporary restaurants
  • Hotels, motels and tourist rooming houses
  • Bed & Breakfasts
  • Campgrounds
  • Recreational & Education Camps
  • Mobile Home Parks
  • Vending Machines
  • School lunch programs participating in federal hot lunch program
  • Tattoo and Body Piercing
  • Retail Food Facilities

Restaurant, Retail and Recreational Facility License Applications

July 2019- June 2020
July 2020- June 2021

Temporary Food Stand Application

July 2020- June 2021

This form must be completed and a pre-licensing inspection must be conducted by the Manitowoc County Health Department prior to operating a restaurant, retail food, lodging facility, swimming pool, campground, bed and breakfast, recreational &  educational camp or tattoo/body piercing establishment in Manitowoc County.

Food Facility Plan Review

This document summarizes the requirements and process for designing and licensing a food facility in Manitowoc County

Mobile Food Truck Requirements

Temporary Food Stand vs Mobile Food Truck... What is the difference?

Food Manager Certification

State of Wisconsin Administrative Codes and Regulations 

Wisconsin Food Code Fact Sheets