Volunteering your time doesn’t just help others-it benefits your health, as well. Consider these additional reasons:
• Be part of your community
• Engage in new experiences
• Meet a diverse range of people
• Gain motivation and a sense of achievement
• Improve your energy and well-being
ADRC of the Lakeshore Volunteer Opportunities
• Represents the ADRC of the Lakeshore at regional and state meetings.
• Commission on Aging – Attend public hearings and quarterly meetings to help the Commission on Aging make informed decisions.
• Nutrition Project Council – Assist the Nutrition Program Coordinator and the Aging & Disability Resource Center of the Lakeshore in evaluating, planning and advocating for the nutrition program in Manitowoc and Kewaunee counties.
• Class Facilitator – Receives training to offer evidence-based programming to caregivers.
• Exercise Leader – Receives training to offer evidence-based programming to the community.
• Memory Cafes – Assist with program.
• Wellness and Prevention Programs – Receives training to offer evidence –based programming to the community.
Medicare Open Enrollment/Homestead Tax Credit
• Must have previous experience to assist community.
Assist the dining site manager with the following:
• Driver and/or runners for Home Delivered Meals – Deliver home delivered meals or assist the driver and run the meals to the recipient.
• Education - Share information of value to the diners.
• Entertainment/Activities – Share your talent with the seniors at the meal site. Examples: musician, story teller, crafts, bingo, card playing or exercise leader.
• Kitchen Assistants
• Driver – Uses the ADRC vehicle to transport individuals to/from destination. Must have a valid driver’s license and insurance.