Do you have old medications that you need to dispose of? If so, help prevent drug abuse, overdose and keep our water supply clean by participating in the Manitowoc County Drug Disposal Program. The next drug collection event will be held during the Healthy Kids Day event in the lobby of YMCA. If you cannot make this collection visit our website for a list of drop box locations.
• Prescription Medications
• Over the Counter Drugs
• Veterinary Medications
• Controlled Substances
• Accepted drugs include prescriptions, over the counter, pet medications, controlled substances, and supplements.
• Place pills in a “ziplock” style bag that is quart size or less. Liquids, crèmes, and powders can stay in their original container with caps tightened.
• Pill bottles and boxes are NOT accepted. Cross out your personal information and dispose or recycle them at home.
• Needles, sharps, lancets, mercury devices, chemical waste, electronic glucose monitors, non-medical inhalers, and personal care products like shampoo and cosmetics will NOT be accepted.
• Do NOT bring medications to drug disposal events before or after the listed times.
• Households only. Businesses should call 920-683-4333 for disposal information.
• Practice safe storage by keeping your medications in a secured location.
• Practice reduction by consulting with your physician about your medication needs.
• Never share your prescriptions with another person. For information on this or other programs call the Recycling Center at 920-683-4333 or visit us online.
Sponsored by the Manitowoc County Metro Drug Unit and the Manitowoc County Drug Disposal Collaborative.
It is the policy of Manitowoc County to comply with the equal opportunity policy and standards of the Wisconsin Department of Children and Families, the Department of Health Services and the Department of Workforce Development and all applicable state and federal statutes and regulations relating to nondiscrimination in employment and service delivery.