Do you have old medications that you need to dispose of? If so, help prevent drug abuse, overdose and keep our water supply clean by participating in a Manitowoc County Drug Disposal Program.
Residents may bring unwanted drugs and medications to this program free of charge.
- Prescription Medications
- Over the Counter Drugs
- Veterinary Medications
- Controlled Substances
- Accepted drugs include prescriptions, over the counter, pet medications, controlled substances, and supplements.
- Place pills in a “ziplock” style bag that is quart size or less. Liquids, cremes, and powders can stay in their original container with caps tightened.
- Pill bottles and boxes are NOT accepted. Cross out your personal information and dispose or recycle them at home.
- Needles, sharps, lancets, mercury devices, chemical waste, electronic glucose monitors, non-medical inhalers, and personal care products like shampoo and cosmetics will NOT be accepted.
- Do NOT bring medications to drug disposal events before or after the listed times.
- Households only. Businesses should call 920-683-4333 for disposal information.
- Practice safe storage by keeping your medications in a secured location.
- Practice reduction by consulting with your physician about your medication needs.
- Never share your prescriptions with another person. For information on this or other programs call the Recycling Center at 920-683-4333 or visit www.co.manitowoc.wi.us/recyclingcenter. Sponsored by the Manitowoc County Metro Drug Unit and the Manitowoc County Drug Disposal Collaborative