Reporting In Guidelines

You have been sentenced to a term in the Manitowoc County Jail. The following guidelines should answer some questions you may have about reporting to jail. For a packet containing jail information please go immediately to the jail lobby when you receive this notice. This packet will contain information regarding Huber and sentence transfers.

  1. If you are currently working, you will need to meet with the Huber Officer prior to reporting to jail to set up your Huber release. Failing to do so prior to reporting to jail may delay your getting out for work.

  2. You are expected to report to jail in a sober condition. If you report in and test positive for drugs or alcohol, you are subject to discipline, including 24 hours in segregation and denial of Huber/Work Release privileges.

  3. If your place of employment is outside of Manitowoc County, you may be able to transfer your jail sentence. To serve your sentence in another county, contact the Huber Officer to make arrangements.

  4. You must report to jail by the time indicated on your judgment. Failure to do so will subject you to discipline and possible additional criminal charges, either a class A misdemeanor or a class D felony. It will also result in suspension of your Huber/Work Release privileges until disposition of the new charge.

  5. By state statute you are required to pay board at a rate established by the Manitowoc County Board of Supervisors. You may accomplish this by a check release form which has your paychecks sent here, or you may pay your room and board fees in advance for the balance of your stay. For sentences of 20 days or less all board must be paid for at time of booking.

  6. There are two release times at the Manitowoc County Jail: 5 a.m. & 5 p.m. If you report in prior to noon you will have a 5 a.m. release. If you report in after noon you will have a 5 p.m. release.

  7. The Electronic Monitoring Program is authorized at the discretion of the Jail Administration. Return and complete the application to the jail for review and acceptance prior to your report in date.

  8. If you are currently seeking employment you will need to register at the temporary agencies prior to reporting to jail. We are not an employment agency. You need to have your Social Security card and photo ID at the jail to be hired while in jail. We recommend you bring a completed Resume with you when reporting in.