Manitowoc County Foster Care
URGENT NEED FOR ADDITIONAL FOSTER PARENTS!
Foster Care Informational Meetings to be held
Manitowoc Public Library
Monday, April 1st, 2019 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Wednesday, May 8th, 2019 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Monday, June 3rd, 2019 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Join us to learn more. Already considering? No need to wait. Contact
at 920-683-4095 to get started right away.
Foster Care Facts
The Foster Care program is comprised of Foster Care, Kinship Care, and Respite Care. Each of these programs involves providing a safe, stable, and caring environment for children ages 0-18 who are unable to live with their own families due to safety concerns or other family crises. The program has a goal of reunification of all families, making a foster home a temporary place for their child to reside at.
Description of Program Services:
Foster Care Stats
- Average age: 8 years old
- Average length of stay: 6 -12 months
- Number of foster homes: 31
- Number of children in care: 70
- 58% Male/42% Female
- #1 reason children are placed is neglect, normally resulting from drug use
- 69.64% of children in out-of-home-care receive permanency through: reunification with parent(s), guardianship, adoption or living with relatives