Public Health Nursing
The Public Health Nurses work in Manitowoc County to improve the overall health of the community. The nurses provide public health services related to health promotion, disease prevention, and health protection services for individuals, families, and the community.
The goal of public health nursing throughout Wisconsin is to protect the health and safety of the people in our communities. To achieve this, public health nurses work with individuals, families, groups, and community partners. In collaboration with community partners, public health nurses provide information on resources, services, and policies that protect health.
Individual, family or group Public Health Nursing Services provided by Manitowoc County:
- Blood Pressure Screening (Monday morning, Wednesday or Friday)
- Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention
- Communicable Disease Control Programs
- Health Care Access
- Health Education for groups and individuals
- Parenting the First Year Newsletter
- Public Health Nurse Home Visits
- Pregnancy Tests
- Stepping On Fall Prevention Classes
- Transcultural Nursing