Prenatal Care Coordination
Prenatal Care Coordination (PNCC) is a free Medicaid BadgerCare Plus benefit that helps pregnant women get the support, information and/or education services needed to have a healthy baby.
Services for Prenatal Care Coordination are generally referred by your provider, HMO, Public Health Nurses or WIC.
PNCC benefits include:
- Education on pregnancy, labor and delivery, breastfeeding and more
- Connection to community and medical resources
- Free visits with a nurse
- Transportation assistance through BadgerCare
- First Breath program
First Breath is a program that helps pregnant women in Wisconsin quit smoking.
First Breath is offered throughout the state by the Wisconsin Women's Health Foundation, a non-profit organization.
To participate in First Breath, talk to your health care provider, nurse, case worker, WIC staff or the Prenatal Care Coordinator.
Quitting smoking is the best thing that you can do for yourself and your growing baby!
Smoking during pregnancy can lead to:
- babies born to early or too small
- ear infections and asthma
- miscarriage or stillbirth
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)